Tuesday, November 24, 2009

MY LAST BLOG FROM CHILE

Hola Todas!!! How crazy is it that I am writing my very last blog from Chile!!!

Richard and Vicki’s visit was great. We did so much while they were here. I have tons of funny memories from this past week. I was so happy to have them see first hand what Tias y Tios is and for them to meet the members of the Rotary Club of Playa Ancha. We’ll be working on a matching grant to help the Puertas Negras Consultorio and also some projects with Tias y Tios. I am thrilled that our project is going to continue into the future. I also hope that the incoming scholars will be interested on spending time with the Tias y Tios kids as well.
I must say this experience has been incredible in every way…incredibly fun, interesting, fulfilling, challenging…the list has no end. I am so thankful to have had this opportunity and to have met such incredible people. My Chilean family, the Tias y Tios kids and volunteers, my host Rotary Club, my Chilean roommate, my teachers and of course Jessica Anne Gale (the other Rotarian Scholar) have all made my adventure in Chile an amazing experience. There is no doubt that Chile is a beautiful country, but for me it’s the people I’ve befriended here that make it so special. I really have no regrets and as my departure time creeps up on me I know I am leaving here with new family, new friends and new memories.

Tonight I said goodbye to the Tias y Tios kids. No one likes goodbyes, but I did my best not to cry and to keep a smile on my face. I will see them again, and I am excited to see how this experience will impact them (and me) as time passes. Thursday I head into Santiago for my last night with the Munoz family. Friday I get to meet my new Chilean niece, Matilda. I still can’t believe I was in Chile for Carla’s full pregnancy term. They have been truly like family to Jessica and I. I started my Chilean adventure with them and I plan to finish it that way too.

Before I head to bed, I want to give a shout out to Rotary for everything they’ve done for me. Words cannot describe how grateful I am that they believed in me and stuck by me even the second time around. THANK YOU ROTARY!!!!

Buenas Noches!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment