Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bienvenidos to My Blog!


I am once again embarking on an adventure to a far away land. This time I will be spending a year as a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar in Valparaíso, Chile. I leave on February 3, 2009 and will be in Santiago for the first month attending language school and living with a family. After that, I will head over to Valpo to start my studies at Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Valparaiso aka PUCV. I will also be getting involved in a service project through my host Rotary Club of Playa Ancha (I am SUPER excited about this!!).

In preparation for my departure, I have been soaking up as much time as possible with my family, friends and boyfriend, Kevin. I currently live in Playa Del Rey, California and will miss my apartment and of course, the beach. Since graduation from Cal Lutheran in 2006, I’ve worked at a couple different law firms and have yet to confirm whether or not law is for me. Chile, I’m hoping, will help me figure that out.

Despite my nerves, I am extremely excited and thankful to have the opportunity to serve as an Ambassadorial Scholar. I am the first from my home club of Thousand Oaks. Thanks to their support, I feel I am well prepared to be an Ambassadorial Scholar dedicated to “Service Above Self.”

I am a newbie to blogging, but I will try to update this as often as possible and please post comments!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything Kelly!!! Please keep me posted!!
    All the best,
    Zuzel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog Kellies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super excited for you and I know that you will enjoy blogging about all of your new adventures. Love you and I wish you lots of luck on this new chapter in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm so glad you have a blog going! I'm excited to see you tonight to bid farewell and bon voyage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Roger need a passport also

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your trip was uneventful. Those are always the best kind. Stay safe. MeMom and PopPop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy you made it safe. Hopefully your new family does not include a brother (like Chris) that beats you up--frequently.
    Le amamos
    Padre

    ReplyDelete